St Rose of Lima Catholic Church, Denison Iowa
Celebrating our 145th Year!
or 152 years since it started as a mission parish in 1867!
916 2nd Ave. South
Denison Iowa 51442
Support Catholic Education and lower your Income Taxes
Rose of Lima Mission Statement
In the spirit of
our patron, St. Rose of Lima, we are committed by faith and tradition
to offer to all:
the opportunity to be involved in meaningful liturgy, quality life-long
stewardship of resources, future planning of area Catholicism and
Thanks to our generous donors...
For the 2020-2021 School Year:
2,164 students were awarded MLTF tuition grants
$2,679,611 was awarded across the Diocese
For 2020, our goal is: $3,562,907
Currently we are at 7.2% of that goal with contributions at $254,855
Remaining Credits: $3,308,052
So, we need your help!
What you can do today:
- Put a reminder in your calendar to talk to your tax professional about MLTF (or call now!).
- Like our social media pages and share posts about MLTF when you see them: Facebook: @scdiocese.org, Twitter: @scdiocese, Instagram: @siouxcitydiocese
- Offer a testimonial about why you give to MLTF. Send them to: email@example.com and we will promote those on social media and in our marketing materials.
- Click on this green button below, and make your donation! We accept cash, stock, and grain!
- Tell others about MLTF! Need help explaining it? Here is some wording and a graphic for you below!
taxpayers, who contribute to STOs like MLTF receive an Iowa tax credit
equal to 65% of their contribution. The amount contributed may also
qualify as a charitable donation on federal tax returns.
receives voluntary cash contributions from Iowa taxpayers and allocates
those funds in tuition grants to Iowa school children, who in turn, use
those grants to attend one of the schools in our Diocese. At least 90%
of the money received by MLTF must go back out in tuition grants.
Please always consult a tax professional when considering your
charitable donations and how they relate to you financial situation.
With the tax bill, school tuition organizations, like MLTF, will have these new opportunities:
- Restriction on C-corporation donations to STOs of 25% of total contributions will be removed effective July 1, 2020.
automatic escalator will kick in for calendar 2022 – if STOs statewide
obtain at least 90% of tax credit allocation in a year, the cap is
increased automatically by 10% for the following year. That automatic
escalator is capped at $20 million.
If all STOs in Iowa allocate 90% of their tax credits, we would reach $20 million statewide by 2025.
Contact us today with questions!
Lexa Hawkins, Development and Research Coordinator,
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns! Enjoy your weekend!
Blessings and Peace,
Susan O'Brien, Director of Communications and Development
Do you like LumeNotes? Tell a friend to sign up! Text Notes to 84576 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. It's free!
Thanks to our sponsors below: